Home > FAQ
1. Can CenoPDF generate PDF files that allow Adobe Reader to save user's changes to a new PDF file?
Yes. The free Adobe Reader XI and newer allows users to save filled PDF forms to a new PDF file. Note that only Adobe Reader XI or newer has this feature. You won't be able to do this on Adobe Reader X or earlier.
Beside Adobe Reader, we have several alternative solutions:
If your users use the free Foxit Reader or Nitro PDF Reader, they can save
filled forms to new files and email to you.
If your users use iPhone app PDF Expert, they can fill and email filled PDF forms on iPhone devices.
to populate the form data into emails to be sent to you. Please refer to:
Submitting form data via email using Email Form Data action
Submitting data via email, then importing into Excel
You may submit the form data (not the PDF file) to a web site. Some commercial web sites,
such as LuxSci allows you to submit
the form data in HTTP POST. They will capture the data and forward it to you. Besides that, you can also develop your own
web site that can capture the submission. Please refer to:
Submitting form data to a web site
You may submit the FDF (Forms Data Format) file to your web site, then
use Import Form Data PDF action to reconstruct the PDF form later.
You can use CenoPDF to create PDF forms; then send the PDF files to a
PDF editing service company. They can enable the Usage Rights in Adobe Reader
for you with small fee.
If you have Adobe Acrobat 8 Professional or higher, the command
Advanced > Enable Usage Rights in Adobe Reader
can do the job for you.
If you buy multiple licenses, a potential cost-saving solution is to use Adobe product on
a dedicate computer to enable Usage Right and use CenoPDF on other computers to create forms.
Consult Adobe Systems Incorporated for their products and licensing information.
2. Can CenoPDF create PDF forms from scanned documents?
Yes, as long as you can import your scanned documents into Microsoft Office Word or Publisher,
you can always use CenoPDF to add PDF fields to them. To import your scanned documents into
Microsoft Office Word or Publisher you can use either way as follows:
Use Optical Character Recognition (OCR) software. This is the best solution, but you will need additional
third-party software to do this.
Directly put the image files into Microsoft Office Word or Publisher. This way
is very easy to do, but the final PDF file will be bigger and with less quality.
3. I am getting "Invalid character in a Base-64 string" error in Word 2007. What should I do?
Most likely this problem was caused by a Microsoft bug that was introduced in April 2009 system update.
The latest build of CenoPDF includes a fix for this problem. Please download and install it. Launch Word 2007 and choose command CenoPDF > Document Settings.
There should a message pops up. Follow its instructions.
4. My CenoPDF used to work fine before, but suddenly its menu disappeared from Microsoft Word. What should I do?
Most likely Word disabled the add-in.
Follow these steps to see if you can fix it.
5. If I encounter any problem, what should I do?
Here are some basic troubleshooting steps:
- Check if you are using the latest version of CenoPDF.
Launch Microsoft Word and go to CenoPDF > Check for Update
or go to CenoPDF > About CenoPDF to
compare the version and build number to those on our
download page. Make sure you download and install the latest version of the software before contacting us.
- Check if all the latest service packs have been installed.
For example, Windows XP Service Pack 2 and Office 2003 Service Pack 2.
- Enable the logging feature.
If the installation is successful, but you still have problems running CenoPDF,
you can enable the logging feature (see below on
"How to enable the logging feature of CenoPDF?") and email us the log file so that we can further help you.
Close all the other applications before installing CenoPDF.
If the installer keeps
telling you that Microsoft Word is running, but you do not see its window, you should
reboot your computer, then run the installation again.
6. How do I enable the logging feature of CenoPDF?
To enable the logging feature, go to CenoPDF installation directory,
which, by default, is located at C:\Program Files\Lystech Computing\CenoPDF.
Open the Addin.config file in a text editor.
Change the value of Level to ALL and save the file. Next time when you restart Microsoft
Word or Microsoft Publisher, the logging feature will be in effect, which will generate a log file at
C:\CenoPDFLog\Log.txt if any problem occurs. Email us the log file so that we can further help you.
7. Why does my Microsoft Office take longer to launch after CenoPDF is installed?
This is normal. By default, Microsoft Office loads CenoPDF add-in at its startup time, which will take some time.
You can use Add-in Manager to disable CenoPDF if you do not want to launch it when you start Microsoft Office.
Please refer to the toturial for more information.
8. My program froze while seeing the message "Initializing CenoPDF...". How to troubleshoot?
During the time you see the message "Initializing CenoPDF...", CenoPDF is loading the font files in your system.
If some of your font files are corrupted, the program may freeze. If this happens, please use the following steps to troubleshoot:
- You have to use Ctrl-Alt-Del to terminate the frozen program.
- Go to Desktop > Start > Run. Type %TEMP% and click the OK button. This will bring you to the Windows temporary files folder.
- Look for the file CenoPDFFontLog.txt. This file logs the font files that have been processed during the initialization.
- Open the log file and scroll down to the last line. You should see something like Processing 'C:\WINDOWS\Fonts\filename.tff'.
- The filename above is the last font file CenoPDF was processing before it froze. Most likely that font file is corrupted.
- Delete that font file using Windows Explorer.
9. I get a Security Warning when launching Microsoft Publisher 2003. What should I do?
Depending on the security settings in Microsoft Publisher 2003, you may see a Security Warning box
when Publisher is loading CenoPDF. If this occurs, CenoPDF might not be loaded correctly. To get rid of this warning box, you can go to menu
Tools > Macro > Security.
Select Trusted Publishers tab and check the Trust all installed add-ins and templates box.
You must restart Publisher in order to load CenoPDF correctly.
10. I got the error 0xD5DA0018 while exporting to PDF. What should I do?
Most likely this error was caused by installation problems of a component called novaPDF. Please follow the steps below to fix it:
- Go to Control Panel > Add / Remove Programs to uninstall novaPDF.
- In Windows Explorer, go to C:\Program Files\Softland. Delete novaPDF Professional Desktop 5 folder if it exists.
- Install CenoPDF again. Restart if it prompts.
11. My Word Art contents are not displayed correctly in the PDF file generated from CenoPDF. What should I do?
It is a known problem that some Word Art effects, but not all, cannot be
exported correctly in the final PDF file.
We suggest you try different Word Art effects and only use the ones that work correctly.
12. Why does the CenoPDF menu disappear after I install Adobe Acrobat 6 or 7?
Adobe Acrobat installs PDF Maker add-in in Microsoft Office, which may
conflict with CenoPDF that causes CenoPDF menu to disappear. Our tests have shown the conflict occurs when Adobe Acrobat 6 or early
version of 7 is installed.
If you have Acrobat 6 installed, you can
remove the PDF Maker add-in from Microsoft Word.
Contact us if you need further assistance.
If you have Acrobat 7.05 or earlier version installed, please go to
Adobe web site to update
it to the latest version.
13. What are the known issues in CenoPDF?
- If you use transparent color in your document, the color may not be displayed correctly in the output PDF file.
Please make sure the transparency settings are 0% in all of your shapes.
If your document contains .png images, which support transparent color,
you should replace them with .jpg images or other formats with only opaque colors.
- You cannot add PDF fields to the header or footer of a Word document.
- In your Word document all pages must be same size.
- Some Word Art contents may not be generated correctly in the output PDF file.
We suggest you try different Word Art effects and only use the ones that work correctly.
14. Can I use a Purchase Order to buy CenoPDF?
Yes, we accept Purchase Orders. We use
to process our orders.
Please refer to their
instructions about how to place a Purchase Order.
In your Purchase Order, please specify the product name is CenoPDF and
product ID is 222741.
15. After I purchase CenoPDF license, can I remove the watermark generated by novaPDF printer?
No. Although novaPDF printer is part of the CenoPDF installation,
the CenoPDF end user license does not include license to novaPDF.
In other words, with the purchase of CenoPDF license,
you will get a registration code that will remove the watermark
when you export to PDF from CenoPDF, but this code will not remove the watermark
if you print your document through novaPDF printer.
16. If I purchase a single license CenoPDF, can I install it on
both my desktop and my laptops?
Yes, you can install CenoPDF on more than one computer as long as
only one person uses it at one time, as stated in License Agreements:
"...This registered copy of CenoPDF may be installed on computers
used by one single person only, or it may be installed on one computer used non-simultaneously by several persons, but NOT both..."
17. How do I order multiple licenses?
If you want to run CenoPDF on different machines for multiple users, you need to purchase multiple licenses.
To do this, first go to our Purchase page to order the number of licenses you need.
Once the purchase is complete, you will recieve the registration codes in an email for each license.
You can assign a different registration code to each license arbitrarily.
Second, download and install the free trial version of CenoPDF
to each computer you are planning to run CenoPDF on. After CenoPDF is installed successfully,
run Microsoft Word and you will be prompted to input the registration code to
unlock CenoPDF from the trial version to the full licensed version.
18. Why there was no confirmation after I entered my registration code in the software?
This is by design. In earlier versions of CenoPDF we used to display a message after a correct registration code is entered.
After, however, we realize that hackers have been using this feature to crack our software, we removed it.
Even you do not see any
confirmation, your registration code still takes effect and there won't be any watermark on the bottom of output PDF files.